Our staff understands the impacts local businesses endure from trespassing, damaged property, encampments, or nuisances. Though Victorville is not immune to the issues of homelessness or unlawful activities, we continue to make progress with solutions that will help our businesses and residents alike.
As a city, it is our goal to support those who invest in our community by providing local businesses options that allow the initiation of enforcement efforts. If your business is experiencing the above-mentioned issues, we want to know. Please contact our Code Enforcement Department with any questions, comments, or concern. We are dedicated in providing the best service possible.
Best Business Practices:
- Lock external electrical outlets;
- Use bright motion lighting on exterior areas;
- Lock external water hose valves;
- Control access to complementary internet Wi-Fi;
- Secure trash enclosures;
- Post quality no trespassing and no loitering signs;
- Maintain a property maintenance service to regularly inspect the property and clear/secure the property;
- Do not feed or give money to non-patrons (instead, donate to non-profits engaged in assisting individuals);
- Consider private security measures;
- Play elevator music outside to drive unwanted persons away from their property; and
- Always call the Police Department to report trespassers and damage caused by them and 911 if they become violent or aggressive.
- Ensure Code Enforcement has a current 602L Form (Trespass Agreement) on file to assist Deputies with prosecution efforts. Get your form here, complete it, and return a copy with original signature to Attn: Code Enforcement, PO Box 5001, Victorville, CA 92393.