Victorville, CAHome Menu
For those in need, the Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County is a dedicated social service agency with food bank programs to assist the communities within San Bernardino County. Their resources are available at www.capsbc.org or they can be reached at (800) 635-4618.
Victor Valley Community Services Council, High Desert Second Chance and Samaritan’s Helping Hand are delivering emergency food boxes to seniors in need. Seniors can also visit High Desert Second Chance to pick up a food box through their senior food pantry pick-up service. No need to get out of the car, they will bring it out to you. For information or to schedule a delivery call Victor Valley Community Services Council at (760) 243-9646 or High Desert Second Chance at (442) 267-4444.
Additional Food Banks:
- Community Health Action Network (760) 241-9900
- The Lords Table (760) 241-2043
- Victor Valley Community Services (760) 243-9496
- Victor Valley Rescue Mission (760) 955-5958
Click here to view a printable version of our flyer containing additional resources for older adults and at-risk individuals including additional food pantries, utility payment assistance, COVID-19 hotlines and more.
Modified Grocery Store Hours
Local grocery stores have modified their hours of operations for our community during this time. Below is a list of grocery stores with their adjusted hours.
- Vallarta 12351 Mariposa Road
- Open early from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. for seniors 65+, pregnant women, and those disabled (Starting March 18)
- Dollar General 14723 Palmdale Road
- Open early from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. for senior shoppers (Starting March 17)
- Stater Bros.
- Every Tuesday and Friday from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. for seniors
- Open early from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays for seniors 60+ and those with physical disabilities (Starting March 24)
- First hour of each Wednesday dedicated to vulnerable guests, including seniors and those with underlying health concerns.