On April 7, the San Bernardino County Health Officer issued an order requiring all residents to wear face coverings when leaving their homes. This is an added precaution to prevent asymptomatic people from spreading the virus to others. We should continue to practice social distancing and public health hygiene.
As a nation, we are experiencing a shortage of surgical and N95 masks that are desperately needed by healthcare workers, first responders, and employees who are in frontline environments where the risk of exposure is very high. Therefore, individuals not in these high-risk environments are highly discouraged from purchasing surgical and N95 masks.
Below are easy, no-cost tutorials that show how to create face coverings with items found inside your house.
- CDC Easy No-Sew Face Coverings Tutorial
- 45-Second Video How To Make Face Covering At Home with Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams
- DIY Pillow Case and Coffee Filter Face Coverings
- DIY Bandana Face Covering
- DIY T-Shirt Face Covering