What should I do if you suspect a gas leak or rupture?
- Warn others and evacuate to a safe location immediately.
- Avoid sources of ignition such as smoking, operating electric appliances/devices or vehicles, using a phone or cell phone, switching on/off lights, or any other action that might create a spark.
- From a safe place call VMUS immediately at 1-877-760-8687, or call 911
How do I apply for gas or electric service for my business?
To apply for service, please fax or email a completed Electric and Natural Gas Service Application to VMUS customer service (contact information listed below). A VMUS representative will contact you to discuss your electrical and/or gas service needs.
- VMUS Fax: (760) 269-0039
- VMUS Email: UtilityServices@victorvilleca.gov
What should I do if I suspect a gas leak or rupture?
Potential hazards should not be disregarded. Any suspicions of a gas leak or rupture should be immediately reported to VMUS. VMUS and its contractors are highly trained and qualified to recognize and react to any abnormal operating conditions that may occur.
What are the indications of a natural gas leak or rupture?
Natural gas is a very safe form of energy but must be handled with care and respect. The safe and efficient operation of the natural gas system is a public concern. Incidents are rare but may occur, including leaks, ruptures, and ignition. Potential hazards may include construction or excavation near the gas facilities, land movement due to earthquakes, flooding or landslides, and other events that may damage the gas facilities.
Indications of a gas leak or rupture include:
- The smell of unusual odor, like that of rotten eggs. Natural gas is colorless and odorless, but odorant has been added to help customers smell gas if a leak were to occur.
- An unusual hissing or roaring noise coming from the ground or an above-ground pipeline.
- Discolored vegetation surrounding a pipeline, or water or dirt/dust blowing into the air.
Who do I contact if I have a utility-related emergency?
VMUS Emergency Hotline: 1-877-760-VMUS (8687)
Power outages, gas leaks, and all other emergencies for services provided by VMUS should be reported promptly using the emergency hotline.
Residential utility-related emergencies should be reported by dialing 911 by or contacting your service provider directly.