Applications for the CRIA Board were accepted through Sept. 20.
The Victorville City Council approved the formation of a Community Revitalization Investment Authority (CRIA) during their meeting on August 17, 2021. Once established, the CRIA would have the ability to use property tax increment revenue generated within the Old Town Area to fund activities within the area including:
- Infrastructure improvements
- Low-and-moderate income housing development
- Acquisition of real property
- Loans or grants to owners or tenants to improve, rehabilitate, or retrofit buildings or structures
- Assistance to businesses
The increased revenue would not be generated from a new tax. Instead, the increased revenue or increment would result from rising property values within the revitalization zone. For example, as developers and businesses improve and build on properties in Old Town; their properties will have a higher appraised value resulting in greater property tax assessment collected by the County. This increased assessment would occur even without a CRIA; but with it in place, the increased revenue is allocated directly to the CRIA for use only within the Old Town Revitalization Zone.
The CRIA Board must consist of (3) three Victorville City Council Members and (2) two community members who live in Victorville and either reside and/or work in the Authority Plan Area.
The role shall be defined as an individual serving in a board member capacity. This is not a paid position.
Qualifications & Term
Individuals interested in serving on the CRIA Board will be evaluated according to the following guidelines:
- Attend and participate in the minimum number of Board meetings
- Resident of the City of Victorville for a minimum of two years and either reside and/or work in the Authority Plan Area
- Be a United States Citizen and registered to vote in Victorville at the time of appointment. These requirements shall be maintained during the appointee's service on this Board
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Not have been convicted of a felony
- Demonstrate abilities to understand and comply with City and Board rules and regulations
- May not be a City of Victorville staff member