2019 California Building Codes will become effective January 1, 2020. CLICK HERE for more information.
Developers: CLICK HERE to view additional information concerning the application of the 2019 code as it relates to production housing.
The City's Permit Center provides information for developers, contractors, and property owners alike.
In general, all permitted projects follow the same process:
- Obtain the proper permit for the job
- Prepare plans for the job (according to current codes and standards)
- Have the plans reviewed and approved by the Development Department
- Pay the appropriate development fees
- Construct the project according to the approved plans
- Have the construction inspected and approved by the Development Department