Victorville, CAHome Menu
Western Joshua Tree Development Advisory
*For more information on our current operations plan due to the coronavirus COVID-19 please click here.
In an effort to be as cautious as possible, and in light of all that is being revealed about the spread of COVID-19, the City of Victorville will continue to take precautionary measures as recommended by the CDC. Our first priority is the health and safety of our workforce and the public that we serve, but we do also recognize the need to keep projects on track as well as keeping the construction industry moving forward. With that in mind, and the knowledge that we have gained, we have decided to allow inspections to resume for all construction projects under the following conditions:
Inspectors will be equipped with personal protective equipment and are instructed to abide by all social distancing guidelines.
Please continue to follow practices implemented by your company and/or the CDC to limit the possible spread of COVID-19.
Feel free to contact the Building Division at (760) 955-5100 with any questions regarding these procedures.
The City's Permit Center provides information for developers, contractors, and property owners alike.
In general, all permitted projects follow the same process:
- Prepare plans for the job (according to current codes and standards)
- Apply for the proper permit for the job on the Self Service Portal
- Have the plans reviewed and approved by the Development Department
- Pay the appropriate development fees
- Await permit issuance
- Construct the project according to the approved plans
- Have the construction inspected and approved by the Development Department