Just don't do it! Illegally dumping trash and other household items hurts our desert, our communities and our businesses. Your Code Enforcement and Sanitation teams are working hard to keep your neighborhoods and desert clean. See what we are doing about illegal dumping.
Together We Investigate and Take Action
- Report The Act - Call the Police! Many residents do not tolerate these illegal acts and neither do we. We follow up on all reported illegal dumping activities to identify and cite those involved. Report it here. Or call the Police Department at (760) 956-5001.
- Use Your Cell Phone or Property Surveillance Systems to record and report suspicious dumping activity. We gather information from these devices to support our investigation and prosecute dumpers.
- Call We-Tip 800-78-CRIME to report a person or business illegally dumping construction or business related waste such as old carpet. The We-Tip reports are confidential and are immediately sent to the City to investigate.
- Hire Responsible Help - If the price to clean up your property is too low, it is likely not going to the landfill. You are responsible for your trash not making it to the landfill. Ask your help to provide a dump receipt to ensure that your trash is going to the proper place.
- Use your City Resources - The City offers plenty of options to help you clean up your property, such as free bulky item pickups, free bulky item drop offs, a daily no-cost disposal center located at 15164 Anacapa Road, a household hazardous waste collection center located off of Loves Lane and free community clean up events. Visit our Sanitation Division for more information.