Thank you for your interest in conducting business in the City of Victorville! The following information will assist you with the application process through issuance of your Business License.
- If your business address is located within Victorville city limits, you must obtain an In-City Victorville Business License prior to conducting business. A Business License must be applied for online through our Citizen Self Service webpage.
- Before beginning the application process, you must verify that your business type is compatible with the existing zoning for your proposed location. Contact the Planning Division via phone at 760-955-5135 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Businesses wanting to conduct business out of a residence must also obtain a Home Occupation Permit (HOP) in addition to a Business License. The HOP application is located below under Additional Application Forms and must be uploaded as an attachment when applying for a Business License online.
- Businesses wanting to conduct business out of a commercial location must also obtain a Certificate of Occupancy in addition to a Business License. The Certificate of Occupancy must be applied for online through our Citizen Self Service webpage.
- Businesses that handle food and/or beverages must also obtain a Fats, Oils and Grease (FOGS) Permit in addition to a Business License. In the Business License online application, there is a section with questions related to FOGS that must be completed.
- All commercial businesses must obtain a Fire Operational Permit in addition to a Business License. The Fire Operational Permit application is located below under Additional Application Forms and must be uploaded as an attachment when applying for a Business License online.
- Applications are processed in the order they were received and as quickly as possible. Due to required departmental reviews and related licensing documentation provided by the applicant, In-City Business Licenses cannot be issued the same day. Ensuring you have the proper requirements completed, including a very detailed description of your business activity, as well as all document copies submitted will speed up the processing time, which typically runs 2 - 4 weeks.
Below are Application Checklists of requirements for each business type. To see a full description of each business type, click here.
Each Checklist contains a cover sheet with important information to understand prior to applying for a Business License, how to register online, and how to apply for a Business License online. The second page is a checklist with specific requirements for that business type; including the associated fees, required forms to be completed and information on what documents are required to be submitted with the application to assist you in the application process.
Please select an Application Checklist from the following to apply online:
Additional Application Forms