- The inspection failed due to the noted violations listed in the inspection report that was mailed to you.
- Not to worry. You will be notified via mail and given time to address the conditions that caused your inspection to fail. No sooner than 30 days later, the Code Enforcement Officer will reinspect your property at no additional charge. If the property passes, your license will be issued. If it continues to fail, the case will be transferred to Code Enforcement for additional compliance efforts.
I have a State of California Seller's Permit. Do I still need a Victorville Business License if I plan on doing business in Victorville?Yes, a business license will be needed and your Seller's Permit will need to reflect the City of Victorville business address on it.
- If you are no longer doing business in Victorville, please complete and submit the Business License Cancellation Form located on the License Changes and Cancellations page under the Business License Division webpage.
- If you have sold your rental property, please complete and submit the Business License Cancellation Form located on the License Changes and Cancellations page under the Business License Division webpage.
- Yes, all rental properties require a business license. One license is required for each property/parcel.
- Yes, home-based businesses require a Business License and a Home Occupation Permit. A Home Occupation Permit application is enclosed in each Business License Application Packet for your convenience.
- If you need to update your business license mailing address, please visit the License Changes and Cancellations page under the Business License Division webpage. There you will find a form to download, complete and return to the Business License Division for processing. Once we have updated your business license, we will mail you an updated copy.
First, you will need to register as an online system user through our Citizen Access Portal.
Once you have registered, please email the Business License Division with your exact name and email address you used to register, as well as the property address and/or business license number so we can link you to your account.
Once you have been linked to your account, you will be notified via email and you will be able to pay online.
- Complete and submit the Business License Cancellation Form located on the License Changes and Cancellations page under the Business License Division webpage.
- When applying for a certificate of occupancy, Mojave Desert Air Quality Management District (MDAQMD) approval is required. Simply download the MDAQMD Clearance Form from the Form Library, then fill out the form and submit it to MDAQMD via fax, (760) 245-2022 or visit their website MDAQMD for more information.
A certificate of occupancy, along with a business license, is required for every business operating commercially within the City. Anytime a new business opens, or an existing business changes location within the city, changes business name, changes business ownership type, changes business use, or changes the square foot occupied, a certificate of occupancy is required. However, a business might not require a certificate of occupancy if it shares space with an existing business which holds both a valid certificate of occupancy and business license. To apply for a certificate of occupancy, log in to the City's Citizen Access Portal to submit your application. Or, if you believe your business is sharing space with another business, please contact the Building Division at (760) 955-5100.
- Yes, you can now apply for a Business License online. We actually no longer accept paper applications. Please visit the Citizen's Access Portal to get started.
When completing the Rental or Contractor Business License Application online, what address do I use for my physical address?
Click on "Search" to find the physical location of the rental property and select the address type as “Physical” (required). If you have a different mailing address, repeat the process and select the address type as “Mailing”.
Since the physical location of your business is out-of-city, select “Manual Entry” to enter your business’s address and select the address type as “Physical” (required). If you have a different mailing address, repeat the process and select the address type as “Mailing”.
When entering in the Contacts for my Rental or Contractor Business License Application online, how do I change the Contact Type from "Applicant" to "Business Owner"?
By default, the person logged in and completing the application is the "Applicant". You must add at minimum an additional contact type of “Business Owner – Primary”, even if it is the same person. Click “Add Contact” to search for and add additional contacts.