Click here for COVID-19 operational adjustments, updates, and resources.

Business License Links and Resources

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Below you will find contact information and website links to both the "Business Requirements" and "Other Requirements (if applicable)" that are listed on the second page of the Application Checklist for each business type.  Please make sure to use this checklist as a reference when applying for your business license online as some requirements listed may not apply to your business type.

REQUIREMENTS (if applicable to your business type):

Appropriate Zoning:  Verify zoning with the Planning Division,, 760.955.5135.

Business License (BSL) Application:  Must be completed online via our Citizen Self Service webpage.  Business License Division,, (760) 955-5072.

Certificate of Occupancy:  Must be completed online via our Citizen Self Service webpage.  Building Division,, (760) 955-5100.

Home Occupation Permit Application:  Must be completed and uploaded as an attachment when applying for a Business License online via our Citizen Self Service webpage.  The HOP Application is available  under the In-City Businesses page under Additional Application Forms, as well as a link in the online application as a fillable form to  complete and attach before application submittal.  Planning Division,, (760) 955-5135.

Fats, Oils and Grease (FOGS) Permit:  In the Business License online application, there is a section with questions related to FOGS that must be completed.  Business License Division,, 760-955-5072.

OTHER REQUIREMENTS (if applicable to your business type):

Fictitious Business Name Statement (FBN):  San  Bernardino  County  Recorder's  Office, (760) 995-8065, 15900 Smoke Tree Street, Hesperia or via their website

Corporate Status:  California Secretary of State, (916) 657-5448 or via their website

State License / Certification:  State  of  California  Department  of  Consumer  Affairs,        (800) 952-5210 or via their website.  Please be aware that your State License may be under a different State Department; please contact your specific department for more information.

Contractors(800) 321-CSLB (2752) or via their website

Seller's Permit:  State Board of Equalization (California Department of Tax and Fee Administration), (800) 400-7115 or via their website

Health Permit:  San Bernardino County Health Department, (800) 442-2283, 15900 Smoke Tree Street, Hesperia or via their website.

Tax Exemption (Exempt only):  IRS, (909) 388-8108 or via their website.

Police Department (Solicitors/NEMT/Vehicle for Hire only):  Police Department, (760) 241-2911, 14200 Amargosa Road, Victorville.

Permittee List (Solicitors/NEMT/Vehicle for Hire/Massage only):  Form available  under the In-City Businesses/Out-of-City Businesses page under Additional Application Forms.  Business License Division,, (760) 955-5072.

CPR Cards (NEMT only):  Business  License  Division,,    (760) 955-5072.

Insurance (Solicitors/NEMT/Vehicle for Hire/Film only):  Insurance Requirements form available  under the In-City Businesses/ page under Additional Application Forms. Out-of-City Businesses page under Additional Application Forms.  Business   License   Division,,        (760) 955-5072.

Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity (Solicitors/NEMT/Vehicles for Hire only):  Business License Division, 955-5072.

Please note that the above list is not all inclusive; there may be additional requirements depending on your business type.  There is a checklist provided in the Application Checklists describing the requirements for that business type.  You will be notified once your application has been reviewed by Business License Division staff if there are any additional requirements.