Click here for COVID-19 operational adjustments, updates, and resources.


Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Are cats required to be licensed?

    No, cat licensing is strictly voluntary.
  • Can I have chickens on my property?

    Victorville only allows chickens on residential lots larger than one half acre and in two specific areas of the City. Contact us at 760-955-5089 to see if you are located within those areas.
  • Do I have to bring my dog in to City Hall to get it licensed?

    You do not need to bring your dog in to get licensed, just the rabies certificate and the sterility certificate if applicable. In fact, you can license online here.
  • Does the City of Victorville provide Animal Care and Control Services to residents of Spring Valley Lake?

    The City of Victorville has no jurisdiction in the Spring Valley Lake or Mountain View Acre areas of Victorville. These are considered the County, unincorporated areas of Victorville, and you may contact San Bernardino County Animal Control at 1-800-472-5609.
  • How do I pay my citation fine?

    You can make a payment here.
  • How do your spay/neuter vouchers work?

    A limited number of Spay/Neuter vouchers may be available for dogs licensed in the City of Victorville at this time.  Currently, the value of available vouchers is such that it covers up to $100 when used at a variety of approved veterinary offices.
  • How many dogs and/or cats can I have?

    Victorville allows no more than three dogs and three cats upon a single residential property.
  • If my animal is missing where do I go to look for it?

    All animals picked up within the City limits are taken to the VVAPL Humane Society on a daily basis, Tuesday through Friday. They are located at 21779 Zuni Rd., Apple Valley, CA and can be reached at (760) 247-2102.
  • What can be done about barking dogs?

    First, contact the animal owner. Be a good neighbor and talk to them about the issues you are experiencing. They may not even know their dog is barking while they are away. Remember that even though you may be home in the middle of the night, some people work graveyards.

    Second, install anti-bark devices on your side of the shared fence. These devices are highly effective at teaching the dog not to bark for the sake of barking.

    Lastly, if all else fails, contact us at (760) 955-5089 to report the barking. We will first check on the dog's welfare and insure they have access to food, water, and shelter. We will notify the owner of the complaint and ask that they take the necessary actions to reduce or eliminate the barking.

    If the barking continues and it is determined to be unprovoked, then we may be able to issue notices and citations to the animal owner if the officer observes it firsthand. If the officer cannot verify the complaint, please be advised that certain legal and administrative procedures must be followed. Additionally, if we have only received complaints from you, you may be advised to remedy the situation in Civil Court via a restraining order. Otherwise, you and other persons siding with you regarding your complaint must be willing to appear and give testimony in any legal or administrative proceedings brought forth against the property owner who must be afforded due process. At no time prior to any proceeding will the dog be taken from its owner.

  • Why do I have to maintain the license tag on my dog?

    If your dog is licensed and becomes lost, having their current license tag on them guarantees a phone call to the owner. It is very important to keep our office updated with a current address and phone number.
  • Why should I license my dog?

    Victorville Municipal Code 7.04.050 requires that all dogs over the age of four months be licensed. The California Health and Safety Code empowers local jurisdictions to have licensing programs as a way of insuring dogs are vaccinated against the rabies virus in order to protect the general health, safety and welfare of their residents.