Trash and recycling service is mandatory for all occupied premises in the City of Victorville, and it is the City's desire to provide you with the best possible service. We ask for your cooperation by complying with the Residential Trash & Recycling Guidelines for automated collections.
Automated Collection Dos and Don'ts
- Do put trash and recycling barrels at the curb by 6 a.m. of your scheduled pick-up day.
- Do put barrels with wheels against the curb and handles facing your home.
- Do put barrels at least 3 feet away from cars, mailboxes, and other barrels.
- Do place trash in bags before putting it in the barrel (to reduce litter). It also helps to put loose papers into a paper grocery bag before dropping into the blue recycling barrel.
- Do use the blue barrel for recyclables only.
- Do use green or black barrels for trash and garden trimmings.
- Do keep lids closed.
- Do not put rocks, dirt, concrete, sod, sand or construction/demolition materials in your trash or recycle barrels.
- Do not put more than 150 pounds in the barrels. Overweight barrels can not be dumped, and you will need to reduce the weight the barrel so that it can be dumped. There is a $18.23 fee to have a trash truck return and re-service the barrel once the weight has been reduced.
- Do not over-pack barrels or materials will get stuck and barrel will not empty properly.
- Do not stack materials over the top rim of the barrels or on top of the lids. Lids must be closed.
- Do not put hazardous or toxic materials like motor oil, pesticides, etc. in your barrels.
- Do not put trash in the recycling container. There is a $19.44 fee to have a trash truck return and re-service the recycle barrel as trash.
Collection Day & Time Information
Collection Day: Trash and recyclables are collected once per week on the same day. If you don't know your collection day, call Victorville Disposal at (760) 245-8607.
Hours of Collection: Containers must be out for collection next to the curb by 6:00 a.m. of your scheduled day. Containers must be removed within 12 hours after collection.
Residents must use the City hauler-provided automated containers for trash and recycling collection. The green (or black) container is 95-gallons in size and is for regular trash and garden trimmings. The blue container is 60-gallons in size and is to be used for recycling.
Note: There is not a separate container for garden trimmings at the present time. All garden trimmings should be placed in your trash container.
Explanation of Black vs. Green trash cans: The City's hauler is converting trash cans from a green color to black. Some customers may have green trash cans and others will have black trash cans. Whether green or black, these containers are all for trash (including garden trimmings).
Note: All materials must be placed in the containers in order to be collected. Trash left on the ground next to the containers will not be collected.
Damaged Container Exchanges
If your container is damaged (i.e. broken or missing lid/wheels or cracks/holes in the container), please call a City Customer Service Representative at (760) 955-5001 to request a replacement. Containers damaged as a result of normal use will be replaced or repaired free of charge. If containers have been deliberately destroyed/vandalized by resident/homeowner, there will be a replacement charge.
Note: Automated containers are the property of the city’s franchised hauler. They are provided to each household, but they do not belong to the resident or property owner.
Extra Trash or Recyclables
If you have more trash each week than will fit into your black (or green) 95-gallon trash container, you can obtain additional trash containers at a cost of $12.81 per month per container (includes the cost for collection and disposal of the extra trash). If most of your extra material is recyclable paper, then you may wish to order an extra recycling barrel. There is no charge for the first extra recycling barrel. Subsequent extra recycling barrels are $1.57 per month per container.
Call a City Customer Service Representative at (760) 955-5001 to arrange for additional trash or recycling containers.
The City and Victorville Disposal are not responsible for spilled trash caused by weather, animals, birds, overfilled containers, or containers with open lids.
Contact Victorville Disposal at (760) 245-8607 as soon as possible on your scheduled day in order to resolve any concerns. Please make sure containers are at the curb by 6:00 a.m. to avoid missed collections.
Section 6.36.080 of the Victorville Municipal Code states that the property owner of record is responsible for payment of the solid waste fees. Fees for single-family residential trash and recycling service are billed on a monthly basis after service is provided.
Monthly Residential Fees as of July 1, 2019
|Solid Waste Services||$27.95|
|Sewer Use Fee (for single family homes connected to sewer system)||$37.98|
|Storm Drain Fee||$ 4.00|
|Household Hazardous Waste Fee||$ 0.32|