Stay Healthy in Victorville!
Healthy Victorville is a community collaborative between government, business, non-profit, and community partners who promote healthy lifestyles in our City. These partners work together to coordinate programs, improve infrastructure, and increase opportunities for our citizens to live healthier lives.
The Healthy Victorville coalition meets bi-monthly at Victorville City Hall. Meetings are open to the public. For information on Healthy Victorville contact us via email.
What is a Healthy Community?
A healthy community is a place where citizens have opportunities to improve and sustain their well being and quality of life. Victorville’s Healthy Community Initiative is comprised of 4 basic components :
- Opportunities for physical activity.
- Organized programs to encourage play.
- Resources to encourage increased mobility.
- Accessibility to healthy food choices.
- Educational opportunities for healthier eating habits.
- Resources for employers to develop wellness programs for their workforce.
- Encourage employers to provide opportunities for employee well-being.
The Living Environment:
- Work to improve and sustain the built environment including:
- Bicycle lanes
- Street lights
- Safe places to play
- Access to health care facilities
- Access to public transportation
These are some of the things that the Healthy Victorville partners are working on to improve the quality of life for our Victorville population. For more information on Healthy Victorville, call Hook Community Center at (760) 245-5551.