Current Library Services Available
The City of Victorville is working hard to continue providing the community with excellent service. Please refer to updates about COVID19 via the City’s Website.
Below is a list of library services currently available:
Computer and Printer Appointments
The Victorville City Library is now offering limited in-person appointments for computer and copier machine usage. You can make an appointment to use a computer or a copier machine via our appointment module:
Limited appointments are available Monday - Friday, check the appointment module for availability. Please be advised of the following when making your Computer/Printing appointment:
- Appointments are limited to 1 household (4 people within the same household) per appointment.
- During the appointment, you will be escorted to a computer area.
- Patrons must stay in the designated computer area they are assigned.
- Patrons using the printer can move between their computer area and the copier machine area to print and retrieve their items.
- Patrons will be screened before entering the library.
- Patrons will wear a face covering.
- Appointments are limited to 1 hour.
Please visit our Passports Page for information regarding Passport Appointments.
Curbside Pick-Up & Phone-In Orders
Phone-In Orders Curbside Pick-Up
Monday – Friday Tuesday –Friday
10:00 am – 3:00 pm 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Please call 760-245-4222 to place an order for books or place holds online 24/7 by clicking here.
- Have Library Card # and name ready when calling to verify and ID to update account
- Limit of 5 (five) books per visit (Checkout limit 50)
- Orders will be incomplete if the book(s) are unavailable; unfilled orders may be ordered through Zip books. Ask us about it.
- Items are checked out to your account once the order is filled.
- We will call you when your order is ready (Call back number required). For online orders, we will call the phone number on file when the order is ready.
- Please call 760-245-4222 when you arrive, park upfront, tell us your name, vehicle color/model, and we will bring your items out to your vehicle.
- Please remain inside your vehicle while we place your order inside your car trunk or truck bed. Please wait until we have walked away to close your trunk or move order from the truck bed.
- All items are handled with gloves and face masks throughout the entire process to ensure safety. Items are placed in a new sterile plastic bag.
- Keep in mind that returned items will take 3 days due to quarantine protocol to be processed and checked-in, which may affect your check out limits.
Zip Books (Books delivered directly to you)
If there is a book, e-Book, or Audio Book that you would like to read or listen to during this time, please send a request with the title of the book and the author to email@example.com and we will try to acquire that resource for you. If it's an e-Book or audio book we will add it to our digital collection and let you know once it is available for download. For physical copies of books, we will be able to have a book delivered to your house and you can return it to the library's dropbox (located in front of the Library) when you're done with the item.
Free Audio Book, e-Books, Comic Books, and Magazines from the Victorville City Library
You must create an account using your library card. If you do not have a library card or your card has expired please call or leave us a message at 760-245-4222, we can renew your card or provide you a temporary card to access our digital libraries.
Free e-Books online from the following providers:
- Open Library
- Project Gutenberg
- Many Books
- LibriVox (Free Open Source Audio Books)
- Library of Congress Classic Books
- International Children's Books
Questions about the Closure
- What about items I currently have checked out?
- Our book drop is open Monday - Friday 10 AM to 3 PM. You are welcome to return any items you have checked out during those hours. The Victorville City Library does not charge late fees for free items so there is no need to worry about any late fees.
- What about DVDs and Video games I currently have checked out?
- Fees for Video games and DVDs will also be waived during this time.
- What about Passports?
- Please visit our Passports Page for information regarding Passport Appointments.
Online Story Time & Activities
- City of Victorville Story Time
- Storyline Online(Children's Books Read by Actors)
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- Olaf from Frozen reads a Story
- How do Dinosaurs Go to School? (In Español)
- Pete the Cat Story Time
- Read Kids Stories Online
- Spanish Story Time
Learning and Reading Resources
- Age of Learning (Learning Resources for Kids of All ages)
- Scholastic Learning Resources
- Classroom Magazines
- Khan Academy (Free K-12 Courses)
- Get Epic (Digital Learning Library for Kids)
- Online Classes (Free educational Courses for Adults)
- Learning to Code for Children
- Math Snacks (Help with Math facts for Middle School Students)
- Learn a Language with Memrise for Free
- Victorville Virtual Recreation Center
- Kindergarten Music Videos
- National Park Tours
- 25 Screen-Free Activities for Kids
- Fun DIY Crafts to keep busy
- How to Draw Cartoons
- Harry Potter Crafts and Activities
Dial A Story:
- Listen to a recorded children’s story by calling (217) 525-5000.
Visit the Victorville Virtual Recreation Center
For further information:
- Call the Victorville City Library at (760) 245-4222.