Dr. Rita Ramirez, Ph.D. is a retired college/university professor of 38 years. She is a third-generation Californian. Her grandparents arrived in San Bernardino County and resided in Colton, California. The family has lived in Colton for 118 years.
Dr. Ramirez possesses a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics, a Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction and Political Science, an Education Specialist Certificate in Curriculum and Doctor of Philosophy in Curriculum and Instruction and Reading. She has minors in Spanish, Sociology, Business and Administration. She attended Chapman University, Louisiana State University, Cal State University, Fullerton, and Cal State University, San Bernardino.
Dr. Ramirez retired from the College of the Desert, Palm Desert and also taught at Copper Mountain College. She created the Foreign Language Department and the Reading Department for Copper Mountain College. She was elected to the Board of Trustees of Copper Mountain College and in 2012 was the Vice-President of Copper Mountain College Board of Trustees.
Dr. Ramirez’ experience is as follows:
- Governor-At-Large for FACCC, Faculty Association of California Community Colleges.
- Director of Area F, San Bernardino School of Boards Association
- CTA/CCA College of the Desert Executive Board
- Vice Chair, Region 8 of San Bernardino County, State Chicano Latino Caucus
- Secretary of State Hispanic Trustees of California Community Colleges
- Member of NAACP, Mecha, BSU and SCLC
Council Member Ramirez currently represents the City Council on the following Boards, Commissions and Committees:
Alternate to Mojave Desert Air Quality Management District
Delegate to Victor Valley Economic Development Authority