The Code Enforcement Division investigates complaints pertaining to private property, which includes but is not limited to the storage of inoperative vehicles, junk and debris, unsecured/ unmaintained commercial and residential property, illegal dumping, land use regulations and operating a business without a license.
Complaints regarding abandoned vehicles on the street are handled by the Victorville Police Department. They can be contacted at 760-245-4211 or http://cms.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/PatrolStations/Victorville.aspx
Complaints regarding animals are handled by the Animal Care & Control Division. They can be contacted at 760-955-5089. Animal Care & Control.
Reporting Code Violations
To register a complaint:
You will have to provide us with your name and a contact number. All of your contact and submitted information is kept confidential.
After you have submitted a complaint, it takes 3-5 days (on average) for a Code Enforcement officer to investigate unless it is determined to be an urgent safety violation.
Answers to Questions You May Have
- I have received a letter from an Officer, what do I do next?
- Correct the violations listed on the letter within the time frame provided. Should you have further questions, you may contact the Code Enforcement Division at 760.955.5104.
- I have received a Citation from an Officer, what do I do next?
- Correct the violations you were cited for to avoid further fines. Contact the Citation Processing Center at (800) 989-2058 to pay your fine, or appeal the citation within 10 days of citation issuance.
- Will you grant additional time to comply?
- Yes, extensions are generally granted for violations that do not pose a threat to life or property, as long as progress is being made.
- What happens if I do not comply?
- A Notice of Pendency will be recorded on the property after initial notices are sent to the property owner and if compliance is not met in a timely manner.
- Citations may be issued on a daily basis to the property owner and occupants for the continuing violations.
- The City may seek a court order to abate the violations if they are found to be hazard or severely detrimental to the community.
- How do I contact Code Enforcement during off work hours or on weekends?
- For violations that pose an imminent threat to life or property please call the Victorville Police Department at 760-245-4211.
- For all other violations, please call Code Enforcement at 760-955-5104 and leave a detailed voice message regarding the nature and location of the violation. We will process your call on the next business day.
- How do I contact Police Department