Information Collected and Stored Automatically:
- If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "domain.com") and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our web site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the City of Victorville web site from another web site, the address of that web site.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors -- to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information -- as in an e-mail to City staff, or by filling out a form with your personal information and submitting it to us through our web site -- we use that information to respond to your message and to help us get you the information you have requested. We treat e-mails the same way we treat letters sent to the City offices. We are required to maintain many documents for historical purposes, but we do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to you. However, information we receive may be considered public information which is subject to disclosure under California law. Except for information disclosure required by California law, we only share the information you give us with another government agency, if your inquiry relates to that agency. Moreover, we do not create individual profiles with the information you provide, or provide such information to any private organizations. The City of Victorville does not collect information for commercial marketing.
If you do not agree to this policy, please feel free to exit the site.
The City of Victorville is neither responsible nor liable for any viruses or other contamination of your system nor for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions arising out of your use of this Site or with respect to the material contained on this Site, including without limitation, any material posted on this Site or links there from. This Site and all materials contained on it are distributed and transmitted "as is" without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The City of Victorville is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, this Site and/or the materials contained on this Site whether the materials contained on this Site are provided by the City of Victorville or a third party.