Reporting Code Violations
To register a complaint:
- call the Code Enforcement Department:
- or complete and mail our Violation Report form.
You will have to provide us with your name and a contact number. All of your contact and submitted information is kept confidential.
After you have submitted a complaint, it takes 3-5 days (on average) for a Code Enforcement officer to investigate unless it is determined to be an urgent safety violation.
Answers to Questions You May Have
- Do I need to be present during an Officer’s inspection?
Depending on the case. The Code Enforcement Division will notify you if you need to be present or not.
- How do I follow up on an Officer inspection?
Call the Code Enforcement Division at 760.955.5104 and ask for an update.
- What action is taken to ensure the party complies?
Notification letters will be sent out. If no response, then Notice of Pendency process begins.