Solid Waste Division
The Solid Waste Division provides for refuse and recycling collection services to all residents and businesses within the City. The Division also provides information about recycling, composting, and reuse opportunities in Victorville.
Division Duties and Services
- Administers the contract with Victorville Disposal Company, the City’s franchised hauler for Trash and Recycling collection.
- Ensures City compliance with State Assembly Bill 939, the Integrated Waste Management Act, which mandates 50% diversion of waste from landfill. Prepare annual report for submittal to State.
- Plans and implements public education programs:
- Plans the annual Victor Valley "MRF" Day, (Earth Day) event. Happy "MRF" Day is held at the Victor Valley "MRF" Recycling Center each year, and includes vendors, displays, workshops, and demonstrations about recycling, water-wise landscaping design, composting and grass mulching.
- Conducts waste and recycling audits for businesses, schools, and neighborhoods.
- Gives school presentations regarding recycling and conducts tours of the Materials Recovery Facility.
- Co-Sponsors Victorville Recycles Week competition for schools each November.
- Coordinates the Adopt-A-Street volunteer clean-up program.
- Partners with the Chamber of Commerce to plan bi-annual City-wide Community Clean Up Programs.
- Code Enforcement: Responds to and resolves complaints regarding service issues, illegal dumping, scavenging, and franchised hauler performance, in addition to monitoring all properties without active solid waste/recycling collection service, to determine if premises are occupied and service is needed. Call Solid Waste Division Code Enforcement at (760) 955-5095 to report any problems or concerns.